Saturday, November 7, 2020

The Story Of How Spinny Got Her Name...

** Read the comments, this is how I found out why Janine was called "Spinny". ** 

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford7/7/2000 1:23:06 AM
9/17/2020 11:49:10 PM
757

Poets' Ache Review

I often wonder where this deep melancholy or strenuous joy I feel resides.
Where does this come from, this deep sense of soaking up the moment 
Before it's gone away, once again too soon? To see romance in the 
Light of the moon, or beauty stark and crystal clear in a fleeting moment
I can never truly share the experience of nor capture as well as I might wish?
No matter how I strive to capture this jewel of pure feeling that sweeps over me
With the power of an ocean tide.

I see magic moments at every turn, longing to run them through over and over 
To wring from them every sense of perception they might yield and then 
Take the world by the lapels with words and stare into their eyes asking,
"Did you see how grand and glorious that was?"

In the deep times of the night, I settle for the precious few moments
I can enliven for our tomorrows and glance up at the moon and stars in
Wide-eyed wonder at their incredible glowing show. And wonder,
"Why am I allowed to see the glory if I cannot pass every drop on?"

I shall be forced to content myself with sending forward the brief glimpses 
I am allowed to salvage in these meager few words.

And so I choose the grandest I can find and hope it is enough.

Because I miss you so much.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 07/07/2000

Author's Comments

Just something I think is present in most any poet. I can only describe it like this, but I think most of us see an inner beauty in moments in life, snapshots in time, if you will. And try very hard to convey that forward to enrich the emotional content of the lives around us and after us. To leave a little peek of something grander behind.


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford7/7/2000 1:23:06 AM
9/17/2020 11:49:10 PM
757
AuthorEmailWeb
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.comwww.mailbag.com/users/aqmstaffo/index.html

Total Comments: 2

Comments

Janine Danielspinnys@hotmail.comwww.spinnys.com7/7/2000 4:16:55 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I see something that I think is absolutely amazing and want to talk about it with everyone so they can share my experience. If no-one was with me I try and show them with my words. It's like when I draw a picture too. What I'm doing then is telling a story with my picture instead of the other way around. Sometimes I get so carried away with telling the story that I make people's head's spin! That's why I got called Spinny...:o)
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.comwww.whizzyrds.com11/19/2012 10:13:40 PM
Janine, I'm looking at your comment 13 years later, wondering if you'll ever read this reply, and thinking two things: 1. I love the story of how you got your lovely nickname "Spinny." 2. I had already known you for four years when I wrote this, and now it's 12 years later, and OMG, that's like, FOREVER in internet time. It just goes to show what a wonderful and lovely friend you are. To this day, I miss your poetic voice, and if you ever take a break from singing, please, please, please write some poetry again my dear friend.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment