Friday, December 4, 2020

Beyond The Horizon

 

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Janine Daniel2/9/2006 3:41:52 AM
4/9/2006 8:15:47 AM
83

Beyond The Horizon

Beyond the horizon
just over the edge
where you can't quite see
lie all my used dreams

You might wonder
why I keep them around
but I figure you never know
when you might need
to resurrect an old dream
so I keep them handy
just in case.

You should see
how many there are piled up
because you see
I dream lots of dreams each night
and even some during the day,
these I have labeled primary dreams

I visit these dreams
every now and then
and I have my favourite's
like other people
have favourite songs
or favourite books
that they read
over and over again

I'm always asked about
how I mastered flying,
it's in these dreams
where you can follow
how I learned and
it wasn't easy at first
(quite a strain on my arms)
but over the years
I've persisted
and now I'm an old pro at it

I don't have to flap
my arms any more
but it's just a thought
I think fly........
and I fly!

I'll lend you a dream
if you promise to look after it
‘cos each one is precious to me
and I couldn't bear it
if something happened
or you lost it

Where are the dreams
that I'm yet to dream
did you ask?
they are just beyond
that cloud up there
can't you see them?


By: Janine Daniel

Author's Comments

A dream of a dream?


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Janine Daniel2/9/2006 3:41:52 AM
4/9/2006 8:15:47 AM
83
AuthorEmailWeb
Janine Danieljanine@spinnys.comwww.spinnys.com

Total Comments: 13

Comments

lhrdina902/9/2006 3:43:14 AM
Janine that is so lovely and heart felt ...

Lori
Daniel A. Stafford2/9/2006 3:44:25 AM
Janine, this a masterpiece of imagination and spirit. It reminds me of the box full of wonders I keep under my bed and the basket of memories that are behind the lamp shade on my desk. Wonderful work, my friend, and a perfect example of why your works should be widely read. They inspire.

Dan
dhicks2/9/2006 3:45:53 AM
Simply Awesome write here Janine. Sorry it took so long for me to read and post, loved this one :)
poeticpiers2/9/2006 3:46:59 AM
Hi Janine I enjoyed this piece, I think perhaps we all have a stockpile awaiting revival at some point: Maybe two small nits………. I think line 4 of first stanza should be lie rather than lies and in penultimate stanza line three should read bear instead of bare.

Keep up this stream of work it gets better as you go on

Ivor
SandDollar12/9/2006 3:48:27 AM
Wonderful thoughts, Janine. I liked this concept very much. I'm in agreement with Ivor about the substituting bear for bare and lie for lies, if you want to tweak it just a bit. Everything else works well.

Annette
Namyh2/9/2006 3:49:27 AM
Janine - You've captured the essence of accomplishment in this well crafted scribe. First we make the dream and then in its pursuit it begins to form and remake us. Yes, I see yours. It's just over that cloud to the right.

Namyh
Killerkane2/9/2006 3:50:47 AM
Well, from the non-writer of the group, I loved it. It had me thinking a lot. Remembering dreams, I kinda stopped for a few minutes thinking about them and I have to say thank you for the moment.


-Jeff
AquarianM2/10/2006 3:03:11 AM
An absolutely fantastic poem, one that shows exactly the qualities that I find so endearing and unique about your poetry, Janine. This is one of the most magical examples of that vivid imagination and creativity you have. Dan
MrLeslie2/10/2006 3:03:52 AM
Lady, this piece of work is imaginative and inspiring.

Well done!

MrLeslie.
Blueberry Kitten2/14/2006 7:55:10 AM
You've got the curiosity of a child. Keep that flame alive, and you'll never get old. Can you dream one for me, Janine? It doesn't have to be anything spectacular. How about the great barrier reef? I love under water dreams.
solante aretino2/14/2006 7:55:45 AM
A great write.
Janine Danieljanine@spinnys.comwww.spinnys.com2/14/2006 8:00:39 AM
This poem nominated for Poem of the Week by AquarianM, 9th Feb 2006, Crossroads poetry forum, Flowing Quills.
amitabhmitra2/16/2006 10:25:27 AM
Dreams are what we are and what we will be. We dare to dream and with it conjure whispers that hold the dreams till eternity.

A beautiful poem

Amitabh Mitra

No comments:

Post a Comment