Monday, December 21, 2020

The Trudie Story... a true miracle incl. photo {Photo no longer available)


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Janine Daniel6/25/2000 1:53:53 PM
12/18/2020 12:21:19 PM
397

The Trudie Story... a true miracle incl. photo



All I ever wanted was a baby to call my own,
For as long as I can remember of that I've always known,
Then one day I heard the nurse say,
"She's a beautiful baby girl" .......and then........,
.......she whisked you quickly away.

"Please let me see her!" I begged in vain,
"Just one look then I'll never ask again",
But no.......I was not meant to see,
"We have our rules....of this we're sure, it cannot be!"

Even though I didn't gaze upon your baby face,
There is somewhere inside me.....my secret place,
Where your soul merged with my inner being,
The memory of you .....my baby .....my dream.

Many years passed and a part of me went with you,
A deep longing for my baby.....my heart ripped in two,
A lot of tears and sleepless nights.........,
Lost in the morning.......eyes too bright.

A phone ringing............................answering in haste.

A girl called Trudie was searching for her mother,
My tears of joy I tried to smother.........,
"Do you want to meet her?" asked the voice,
"It's completely up to you, you have a choice".

"I've waited 18 years to meet her!" I cried,
"When they took her away I thought I'd died",
"How soon can I meet her?" I sobbed and laughed,
"Well.........as soon as we can arrange it on her behalf".

A dream has come true....a fairy tale end,
I found my daughter and gained a best friend,
I cannot find the words to say how,
Or understand why but I do know now.........,
That fate dealt a hand .............it was meant to be,
And when you were ready you came back to me.

~*~ I love you Trudie-Anne ~*~



By: Janine Daniel

Author's Comments

I met Trudie when she was 18 years old. You can read the whole wonderful story in my web site.


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Janine Daniel6/25/2000 1:53:53 PM
12/18/2020 12:21:19 PM
397
AuthorEmailWeb
Janine Danielspinnys@hotmal.comwww.spinnys.com

Total Comments: 9

Comments

Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.com6/25/2000 8:56:25 PM
Janine, I can so feel the power of the moment in this poem, how much joy
you felt is clear as the ringing of the bells in a churchyard on Sabbath.
It makes me glad for you both.
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.com6/25/2000 8:56:41 PM
Janine, I can so feel the power of the moment in this poem, how much joy
you felt is clear as the ringing of the bells in a churchyard on Sabbath.
It makes me glad for you both.
Christinatigris@primus.com.auhttp://www.geocities.com/tigrispoet/8/22/2000 3:57:05 AM
Janine - this is your heart talking....your soul....the innermost feelings that share with us your confusion as a young girl, your heartache at giving her up, and your joy at reuniting with your daughter....this is what poetry is about - expression and inspiration of the soul. You have touched my heart with this one....and I cry tears of joy for you....
Trudie Raphaelnirvana60@go.com9/12/2000 11:26:38 AM
You can imagine how i felt when I read this;
thank you and I love you too.xoxo
Shannon Wendlershannon7112@earthlink.net10/28/2000 3:53:42 AM
Sniff......soooooooo sad Janine. Touching very
touching.........

Shannon
Rachelle Wiegandrwpoet@home.com10/28/2000 10:02:23 AM
Janine,
I am so moved, that I can almost not speak.
A very unusual predicament for this blabber mouth (lol) but, your poem is so personal, and so touching. I don't know how to express to you just how much so.
Bless you for the trials that you have faced in life, and bless your daughter, Trudie , as well.
May you both find what has been void for eighteen years...looks like you have :)
This one made me cry.

Rachelle
Philip G Bellphilip@bell-redbourn.freeserve.co.uk10/28/2000 10:05:06 AM
Beautiful Janine. A Shared moment of Joy

Philip
Mary Stonemid-lace@webtv.net10/28/2000 10:07:28 AM
Janine this was touching.....I could feel your joy:)
Funda Arsoyoyaozel@superonline.com10/28/2000 10:11:16 AM
I don't know what to say. A wonderful poem, so touching. Sometimes dreams are more real than real life, and if you keep believing in your dreams, they do become real, at least some of them do. I am so happy for you. Bless you and Trudie.

Funda

 

No comments:

Post a Comment