Tuesday, April 10, 2018

A Bird's Nest in a Tree


A Bird's Nest in a Tree



06/05/2001


One day while I was out walking
Enjoying being in the sun
I saw a bright flash of colour
And thought this might be fun

I looked way up above my head
And saw what looked to me
In the fork of two strong branches
A bird's nest in a tree

I started to climb from branch to branch
And when I looked back down
Everything below me
Looked tiny on the ground

At last I reached the bird's nest
And much to my surprise
I saw three baby birds in there
And heard they're baby cries

I looked all around to find some food
To quieten their hubbub
Then on a leaf below me
I saw a fat green grub

I leaned right down to grab it
But just before I did
I lost my grip and then I yelped
While down that tree I slid

I fell ker-thump upon the ground
And rubbed my poor behind
While mother bird berated me
"You noisy human child!"

"See what you've done, you woke my chicks!"
She screeched and squawked at me
I saw a pretty Robin Redbreast
Then she flew off to catch their tea

By: Janine Daniel

Author's Comments

A bit of fun writing for children at Literary Angels Writing club. It's written for children to read and enjoy, young and old :)

Comments:


Leighleigh@leighscorner.comhttp://leighscorner.com/6/5/2001 8:20:20 PM
Janine, I loved this!! It is so much fun! Thanks for the great climb! :)
Philip G Bell

6/5/2001 8:51:50 PM
Oh Janine, this is awesome and it takes a lot to get my awe in a some state! Magic! Fabulous!

Philip
Kandyfan

6/5/2001 8:56:22 PM
This is a lively, spring poem, helping to free us inside! Your ideas are well expressed!

Janine Daniel

6/10/2001 9:17:24 AM
I won a writing for children, Topic contest - May 2001 with this poem.
Philip G Bell

6/10/2001 9:19:48 AM
What can I say - I loved this and it's a worthy winner - congrats!




No comments:

Post a Comment