Monday, April 9, 2018

A Betrayal of the Very Worst Kind







A Betrayal of the Very Worst Kind

From 10/24/2000

 

 
*This poem may upset or disturb certain people so
please read the comment below before you continue*

A small child crying ........ begging, imploring......
Please won't you let me in,
She just wants someone to love her,
And to understand she didn't know it was a sin.
Dark nights alone and scared lying in her bed,
Afraid of the shadows ....... wishing she were dead,
Crouched against the headboard shaking and afraid,
Jumping at every sound, hearing voices in her head,
Mournful cries, her arms reaching out for someone who's not there,
A young heart broken knowing there's no one who cares.

A betrayal of the very worst kind ...............

Hearing foot steps in the dark, terror numbs her brain ..........
Crying ...... begging, please....... not again, so ill she vomits from the terror,
As arms reach out, grasping, grabbing, she weakens from the strain,
Knowing in her pitiful mind it was all starting again,
Turning inwards, retreating, a place to hide inside where all is love and lightness,
And children feel no pain.

They said she was a bad girl, punished for her sins................

She screamed and cried and begged as pain seared her back,
So small, so alone with no one to soothe her wounds,
Hearing the voice screeching ....... telling her it was for her own good,
As the sound of his belt cut through the air ........... anticipating the whack.
Oh please, oh no...... she does not understand,
She's but a small child and he is a man,
Falling to the floor, no longer able to stand.

Blank stares, silent glares ........... anger at every turn,
Her arms held out imploring ........ it is love for what she yearns,
Standing in the shadows watching other children play,
Knowing she must be strong to live another day.

A nightmare of sickening clarity ................

I wake up from my sleep with echoes still pulsating in the air,
Tears upon my pillow, slowly becoming aware ........
I had the dream again, my heart is beating fast,
Clammy hands and shaking legs that cramp up when I move,
I cry hot tears that make no sense ........ I sound just like a child,
Feeling so lonely, yes ........... I think I must be mad,
I try to remember why I feel so sad ............. so bad, I can't........
I rest my weary head upon my tear streaked pillow,
Knowing there will be no more sleep tonight,
I turn my face towards my window and wait for the dawn's sunlight.



By: Janine Daniel

Author's Comments

This poem is about child abuse. It's a serious issue and I wasn't going to add it in here but then I thought, I will, because it's an issue that must be recognized so that we can ALL, as a whole, do something about it. My opologies to anyone I may upset by having included this poem.

Comments:



Rachelle Wiegandrwpoet@home.com
10/24/2000 7:09:52 AM
I know the pain from where this comes. So traumatic, and yes, a lifetime of healing. It isn't pretty, but it is neccesary for healing. You are so strong to write your feelings this way. This is written so well, it is very haunting and gripping.

Rachelle
Purnimaspurnima_98@yahoo.com
10/24/2000 7:51:28 AM
Oh my! This was soul-touching. Words can't tell what I feel.

Purn'
Philip G Bellphilip@bell-redbourn.freeserve.co.uk
10/24/2000 8:00:10 AM
Phew! Your writing depth is so amazing Janine.
I am lost for words.
Minnetta Davidthespences@sympatico.ca
10/24/2000 8:03:28 AM
Crying endless tears....there are no words.....

Minnetta
Funda Arsoyoyaozel@superonline.com
10/24/2000 8:08:33 AM
Janine, I read your poem many times since yesterday.
Can't keep myself from reading it.
Very beautifully woven, touches deeply.
You are a wonderful poet.
I had a pretty rough childhood myself, and
understand this sadness very well.

Thank you.
Funda
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.com
10/26/2000 5:22:47 AM
Janine, I think this poem is very well written, but i wish often that our
world never held such inspirations to write. Our children as people
deserve better, as do those who follow. Well said.



No comments:

Post a Comment