Saturday, May 26, 2018

A Cry From My Heart - Re-written



7/24/2005


A Cry From My Heart
--------------------

Standing underneath the same moon
Remembering how we were this afternoon
And thinking of things that were left unsaid
Watching you walk away instead

I knew I'd found the one I'd been looking for all my life
And how I was when with you felt just right
Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined a person such as you
You said you love me, I sighed and said, 'my sweet man I love you too'

Now I'm crying..................

Oh my aching heart
I know now it could never be
We're too far apart

GOD give me the strength to see this through!
I gave back your heart, it belongs to you
Temporarily I held you in my arms
I closed my eyes
A tear slid down onto my fevered cheek
Oh, my heart was broken
You see..........
I knew that for you she had spoken

I watched you my love
Torn between two beating hearts
Yes my sweet man
I'd known about her from the start

We both believed love would find a way
Our dreams were that we'd be together some day
But when I saw you ripped apart
And trying to do what was right, it broke my heart
My darling one, the man of my dreams
Our love will always be there
Underneath the same moon
But it cannot be so please listen to me!

I love you so much and that is why ........
I set you free.

©Janine Daniel

By: Janine Daniel

Author's Comments

I re-wrote this poem and adapted it to fit the rules of a competition I am in.

It's purely fiction and doesn't apply to any situation in my life. When I posted it originally in here people were very kind and concerned for me and for this I say thankyou and that even though the situation wasn't real you cared enough to comfort me.



Comments
lhrdina90

7/25/2005 3:38:37 AM
Janine, that is so sad it broke my heart just reading it, {crying) there is nothing like cleansing the soul with a good cry.

Lori
crazyacet2

8/2/2005 12:05:26 PM
I must agree with Lori on this one Janine. It sounds as if you found someone wonderful, and trust me when I say, that losing someone like that, for whatever the reason is never easy. Harder still is it to write about something with so much passion. A good write. Then again, I have come to enjoy your works, you truly are a gifted person with words. Thanks for sharing.

Jared


No comments:

Post a Comment