Tuesday, May 29, 2018

A Flight of Fantasy



7/13/2000 2:11:03 PM


One night while I was walking,
I stepped around a tree,
I saw a young centaur dancing,
She was very close to me.

Silently I held my breath,
I didn't want to scare her at play,
She pranced with the night moths,
Didn't see me or run away.

I stepped on a twig and it crackled,
She looked up at me with a start,
I held my breath and tried to stop,
The pounding of my heart.

She neighed and stepped towards me,
Held out her hand and smiled,
"Come dance with me", she beckoned,
"I'd love to", was my reply.

Together we played, laughed and sang,
Until all the stars faded from the sky,
"I have to go!", we said in unison,
Laughed, hugged and waved good-bye.


By: Janine Daniel

Author's Comments

A pure flight of fantasy.... or is it?




Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.com
7/13/2000 8:22:39 PM
Your poem certainly makes it seem real. You have such an imagination
for the small details that bring a story to life!
Suebttfly9@yahoo.comhttp://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Garden/98437/14/2000 9:29:41 PM
Can I come and dance and play too?
Philip G Bellphilip@bell-redbourn.freeserve.co.uk
10/12/2000 11:21:06 PM
Aw, sweet horsing around in the moonlight :)
Minnetta Davidthespences@sympatico.ca
10/12/2000 11:25:12 PM
I love both the graphic and the poem...the poem really adds to the graphic.
Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minnetta
Kathy Reidkathy_ried@yahoo.com
10/12/2000 11:33:12 PM
You have a style all to your own Janine. It looks Awesome!

Kathy
Christie Leighchristie_leig68@hotmail.com
10/13/2000 6:48:58 PM
I like this Janine! The poem and the graphic go well together.
Joveacjudico@home.com
10/14/2000 3:26:37 AM
Great poem and picture! I especially like the black fore-ground, as it were lol. This offers an almost space like quality and reminds
me of the constelations. Wonderful contrast to the rest of the picture. Keep up the good work .

Good fortune, Good drawing, G'Day, Eh ?

joveac

No comments:

Post a Comment