Sunday, June 10, 2018

A Promise



12/22/2000


A Promise

I've just got to tell somebody
It's my birthday today
Hip-hip-hooray! .....
Friday the 15th ... remember that date
Because guess what?
It's the first day of the rest of my life
Isn't that what they say?
I'm looking at the clock
I've been chatting with the dog
Doing anything to distract me
From wondering what the hell I'm gonna do
To pass the hours until he's here
My darling man .......
Sigh ............
About three hours ago
(God the time goes slow
when you're waiting for something) .....
The postman let me know
There was a parcel waiting for me
At the post office.
His present bought tears to my eyes
It was a lovely surprise
And imagine how I felt when I read
That soon he'll be here with me!
Be still my beating heart!
Did I ever tell you I hate waiting for things?
It makes my head ring! .....
I love him so much my heart aches
And yes, today has been great
But when he's here and I'm wrapped in his arms
Enraptured in his magic charm
I'm going to kiss him and hug him and kiss him some more
And guess what?
That's definitely a promise
Oh yes it is ......
A promise ..... mmmmmmm.

Janine Daniel

By: Janine Daniel

Author's Comments

Yes, a promise .... *S*


Comments
Rachelle Wiegand

12/24/2000 7:59:34 AM
This is neat, Janine!

And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

My big day is the 26th...I get to share my day with the most famous and celebrated birthday..some years it is nice, other years it isn't..LOL! I know you know what I mean. Anyway, hope that you enjoyed your day and got your kisses and hugs!

Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment