Monday, June 11, 2018

A Rather Spooky Beach Party



07/01/2001


A Rather Spooky Beach Party

I'll never forget the time
We had a beach party
And I was scared out of my wits and then ......
Well, if you're interested in knowing why
Then just imagine this .........

It was a dark night
And we had a huge bonfire burning
There were 12 teenagers sitting around
Laughing and drinking
The smell of sausages sizzling
And someone strumming a guitar
Sounds of the wind rustling
In the bushes nearby
With waves lapping on the beach
Just out of the fire light's reach

One guy slunk off into the bushes
Not one of us saw him go
He'd had a bit too much to drink
And needed to .....well, you know!

After awhile I said to my friend
There's something stalking about
I'm sure I saw movement amongst those trees
And didn't you hear a shout?
He pulled me close and laughed at me
And said you silly thing
You're spooking yourself out
And imagining it ..... so come on now, lets sing!

Right at that moment when he said those words
A huge log rolled off the fire
Sparks flew out into the air
And everyone jumped back to avoid it
There was people running everywhere
Amid smoke and flying embers
Slapping on their closes and screaming
As sparks settled on their hair

Meanwhile the guy who went wandering
Had gotten himself a little lost
He heard our screams from a distance
And it really freaked him out
He didn't know what had happened
And in that time he'd spent in the dark
He imagined all sorts of weird things following him
So he started to run and shout

We were just starting to settle down
When he came crashing through the trees
He sounded like a wild animal
And he lunged right into me
I screamed again as we crashed to the ground
And next I hit my head
I rolled into the bonfire
And then I was quite dead!

Next time you have a beach party
Upon that stretch of sand
If you hear my voice or see me
I want you to understand
My ghostly form won't harm you
I love to laugh and sing
I'll always be right there for you
From summer time 'til spring

By: Janine Daniel

Author's Comments

This whole tale is true and it really happened to me, all except the part about me being dead ............ surprise! lol heeheehee!



Comments
Daniel Stafford

7/1/2001 10:13:38 AM
And we're glad you're not!! Excellent reading, very light and fun.
Shannon Wendler

7/3/2001 3:56:07 AM
Oh Janine, you are so good at writing these tales in poetry! You are such a good story teller!

And yes this was a fun read!!!

Shannon
EmbersTkB

7/3/2001 3:58:47 AM
Tremendous fun! And so well done! Thanks!

--Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment