Sunday, June 17, 2018

A Stroll Through My Garden



08/17/2005

A Stroll Through My Garden

Come take my hand
And we'll go for a stroll
So I can show you my lovely garden
All abloom and aglow
With lots of trees native to my land

Around us you can see the magestic tall Gum trees
It's leaves food for our Koala
It's sap makes them drowse in the sun
Whilst some say it makes them drunk
Or it certainly seems so

We might be lucky enough to see
Swimming around in our dam
A family of Wild Ducks and their babies
And if I hold out my hand with some bread
I may be able to coax them to feed from me

I've got so much to show you
See that strange looking animal over there
Standing upright with a big thumping tail
With greyish brown coloured hair
That's my old pal the Kangaroo

We have lots of colourful Grevillia trees
Each covered with flowers full of pollen
And loved by our Parrot family of birds
Rosellas, Parakeets and Cockatoos
Can you hear them talk and screech?

If you come back tomorrow
We'll go for another stroll
And I can introduce you to the Platypus in my creek
Some really strange looking creatures
Well..... soon you can judge for yourself

By: Janine Daniel


*Note from Dan: Unfortunately, as with many of Janine's poems, the images that were originally included here are gone. I have left the broken links in the event that if the files are ever recovered by her family, they might be restored to their rightful place alongside her poetry.


Comments
lhrdina90

8/21/2005 11:03:48 AM
This was so nice Janine, and I want to thank you for the stroll, it was wonderful and I have seen most of the animals you describe so that made the stroll even nicer. I think they are all beautiful including the trees and flowering. I truley love the way you describe things... :)

Lori
Janine Danieljanine@spinnys.comwww.spinnys.com10/14/2005 4:42:20 AM
I won an award for this poem. First place in a Summertime Contest, pcla Poetry Forum, Oct. 2005.
Cheyanne

10/14/2005 4:43:22 AM
Woohoo! Well deserved! What I read at the poetry club site my dear you deserved to win!

CONGRATS!

Cheyanne
amitabhmitra

10/16/2005 5:02:47 AM
Heartiest Congratulations Janine.

Amitabh
Tiffany

1/21/2006 7:28:03 AM
Janine I love your work, it is so creative and seems to always give me a boost. You have a very strong grasp of putting the reader right in your thoughts. After I read one of your poems I always feel as if I ventured somewhere.

The graphics adds the rare Janine touch! Thank you for the stroll in your garden a place among many of yours I love to be.
lhrdina90

1/21/2006 7:30:19 AM
Janine, I love this from the old forum and so happy that you placed it in the new forum, I would love to one day see this in person, just wonderful to experience it through your eyes and words, very nice.

Lori
angeliclights

1/26/2006 5:13:37 AM
I am glad you did because I am a newbie!

If you come back tomorrow
We'll go for another stroll
And I can introduce you to the Platypus in my creek
Some really strange looking creatures
Well..... you can judge for yourself!

I will be back tomorrow and I would love to take a stroll again with you Janine as the images painted with the words are very clear! And I felt as if you were speaking directly to me.
MidnightRose

1/26/2006 5:15:12 AM
What can I say Janine? You never disappoint me. This was refreshing and the way you speak to the reader is so delicate like a friend wanting to help soothe a weary soul.

Not many have this gift but you do and how blessed we are that you share that gift with all of us.
Tammy

2/1/2006 9:33:32 AM
Janine you always have such creative little add in's with your writings and that adds so much to your poems. I have always enjoyed your work. And this poem is EXACTLY why I do. You have a way of opening windows and not only letting fresh air in but also sunshine!

Awesome write!

~Tammy
Mindings

2/1/2006 9:34:49 AM
You really ought to be in books, all around the world. This is a masterpiece; you drew me right in there with you.

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment